The WRT Truckie is a skilled person to operate the transport trucks and trailers, and to manage the race tires. Their role will foresee activities in the workshop, and at the race and test events.
The duties of the WRT Truckie will include:
Pre-Event and Post-Event Activities in the Workshop
- Load and un-load the trucks ensuring clean and safe storage of the cars, tires, equipment, and flight cases
- Drive the truck to and from the race and test venues.
- Maintain the consumables stock according to a stock list and proactively advise the Crew Chief when there are shortages problems or doubts.
- Maintain the truck and trailer in immaculate form and safe operating order, proactively advise the Chief Workshop when there are problems or doubts.
- Responsible for dispensing of consumables and ensuring an adequate stock of consumables are available, interfacing with the workshop for supply chain.
Upon Arrival / Set up day at Event/Pre-running sessions
- Assist with setting up/dismantling team equipment in the garage including unloading/loading materials.
- Check completed job list tasks with the Crew Chief.
- Manage tire duties for his assigned car, liasing with the car chief and the race engineer of the assigned car.
- Ensure deadlines for tire chores are respected in order to be compliant with the Sporting Regulations.
- Ensure the Trucks, rear of garage and front of house areas are of a clean and presentable state.
During sessions (FP, Qualy and Race, test sessions)
- Provide clear communication with the Car Chief and Race Engineer.
- Participate in the pit-stops & maintain the fueling equipment .
- Ensure tire management to the highest possible standard .
- Follow the Race Engineer’s instructions with regard to the tire numbers and pressures.
- Assist the mechanics with small jobs upon request (emptying drip trays, cleaning car parts, …).
- Assist the designated Fuel person upon request (transport/moving of fuel).
- Fill/top up the air bottles in the pit gantry and garage as and when required .
- Set out and remove the Tensa barriers before and after each session.
- Report anomalies and issues encountered in his tasks immediately to the Crew Chief and/or Race Engineer.
The Truckie should have the following desired skillset:
- Motorsport experience, truck-driving and trailer-handling (valid truck-driver licence).
- Hands on approach with a flexible “Can Do” & “Will Do” attitude.
- Flexible with workload and tight deadline.
- Knowledge of English required.
- Pro-active problem solver, strong organisation and planning capacities.
- Promote our values (People, Passion, Performance) and commit to personal investment into the WRT ESG strategy.
Please send CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply now →